Sunday, October 5, 2014

Manipulating a Digital Image Using Photoshop Elements

I used three pictures:
First, a photo of my daughter ( Najla).


License: Permission obtained from the owner.


Third, candy land background. Retrieved from http://pixgood.com/candyland-backgrounds.html
License: The website states that all images should be freeware in this link http://pixgood.com/contact.html


Finally, Najla in candy land.



How I can use this image in my classroom?

Getting started when beginning a writing piece is where most of the students struggle. One way to help students get started is through picture writing prompts. 

Through pictures, students generate ideas for writing. I can I ask my students to look at the picture and imagine what would happen if they had wings and flew to candy land ?

With this cute picture, my students can practice generating ideas, creative writing, handwriting, spelling, building sentences, and most importantly, they'll exercise their imagination. They will use the picture for inspiration to make a beautiful story.


No comments:

Post a Comment